- 2 bulbs garlic
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 3 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked, warm
- Cut a scant 1/2 inch off tops of garlic bulbs, exposing ends of cloves. Wrap garlic heads loosely in aluminum foil. Spray jelly roll pan with cooking spray. Arrange garlic, onions, and bell peppers on pan. Bake vegetables, uncovered, at 400 degrees until garlic is very soft and vegetables are tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool garlic slightly; squeeze pulp into small bowl. Stir in oil, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper. Spoon garlic mixture over pasta and toss; add onions and peppers and toss. Serve warm.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 8``Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4.5 grams
Sodium: 184 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
1-1/2 Vegetable, 1 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.