- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat and coat it with nonstick cooking spray. Add the onions and cook until they're soft and translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for about 30 seconds.
- Place the beans in a food processor and add the cooked onions and garlic, sage, vinegar, water, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover it, and refrigerate it for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servingsServing Size: 1/4 of recipe
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 161 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Starch, 1/2 Very Lean Meat
Source: Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies
Book Title: Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies