- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers (12 ounces total), cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Four (4-ounce) fish fillets such as scrod, cod, white fish, haddock, or orange roughy
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the red peppers, coriander, and pepper flakes; saute 1 minute. Cover and cook over low heat until the peppers are very tender, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender; blend until smooth, scraping down the sides twice. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Sprinkle the fish with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and place in the same skillet. Spoon the puree over the fish; cover and simmer until the fish is opaque, about 8 minutes. Serve the fish topped with the pepper puree and with lime wedges.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings``Serving Size: 1 fillet with about 1/4 cup sauce
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 355 milligrams
Cholesterol: 49 milligrams
Protein: 21 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Sugars: 4 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetable, 3 Very Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.