- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds small to medium mushrooms, cleaned, stems trimmed flat
- In a large saute pan, saute the garlic in the oil for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients except the mushrooms; bring to a simmer.
- Add the mushrooms; cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Put the mixture in a glass bowl or jar. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 days. Drain off and discard the marinade before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 3-1/3 cups (10 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 3 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.