- 3-1/2 cups (3/4 pound) fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or thinly sliced green onion tops
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, low-sodium or regular chicken broth or bouillon
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste (optional)
- 2-3 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a large saucepan, cook the beans in boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes until tender-crisp. Drain well in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chives, broth, catsup, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt (if desired), and hot pepper sauce. Stir to mix well. Add the cooked beans, and stir to coat the beans with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. Stir before serving. Leftover beans will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 1 serving (1/2 cup)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 47 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The Diabetes Snack Munch Nibble Nosh Book
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.