- 3 boneless beef Top Loin (Strip) steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate juice
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups packaged matchstick carrots
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Combine Marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Prepare Wasabi Cucumbers. Combine wasabi paste and pomegranate juice in medium bowl. Add cucumbers; toss to coat. Set aside; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare Gingered Carrots. Combine mayonnaise and ginger in another medium bowl. Add carrots; toss to coat. Set aside; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes) for medium rare (145F) to medium (160F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into thin slices. Place cucumbers and carrots side by side on plate; top with beef. Top with avocado and pomegranate seeds; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 14 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 3.7 grams
Sodium: 250 milligrams
Cholesterol: 57 milligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Source: The Beef Checkoff
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.