- 4 cups carob
- 1/8 teaspoon artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon powdered instant coffee
- 1 cup finely chopped peanuts
- Melt carob in double boiler. Add artificial sweetener to melted carob and stir well. You may use molds for fancy-shaped truffles or place mixture in a bowl to cool. When cool enough to form a ball, form into 1" diameter balls and roll in either instant coffee or chopped peanuts (not both). Place on waxed paper.
- Place truffles in refrigerator for 20 minutes to set.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 90 (Serving = 1 piece)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3.02 grams
Sodium: .097 milligrams
Cholesterol: .806 milligrams
Protein: 1.88 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
1/4 Bread/Starch; 1/2 Fat
Source: The Diabetic Dessert Cookbook
Book Title: The Diabetic Dessert Cookbook