- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 pound sole or flounder fillets
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaf, or 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vermouth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat an ovenproof casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle shallots over bottom.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Sprinkle each fillet with herbs and pepper. Roll up each fillet starting with widest end. Place in casserole dish side by side. Pour vermouth and lemon juice over fish and bake 25 minutes, until fish turns from translucent to opaque. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 66 milligrams
Cholesterol: 36 milligrams
Protein: 23 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
3 Low-Fat Meat
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine