- 1 egg white
- 1 thin slice whole-wheat bread
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, lightly beat egg white.
- Tear bread into small pieces; soak in egg white 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients, except oil and thoroughly mix. Shape into four patties.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil. Cook patties over medium heat about 10 minutes on each side until cooked through.
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 14 grams
Sodium: 195 milligrams
Cholesterol: 48 milligrams
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Source: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine
Book Title: Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine