- 2 cups acorn squash (cubed)
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute (alternative sweetener like Equal)
- Cook squash in small amount of boiling water until crisp-tender and drain.
- Melt margarine in saucepan.
- Add orange rind, juice and sugar replacement.
- Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add squash; cover.
- Continue cooking until squash is tender.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.