- 2 pitas, each about 6 inches in diameter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil or oregano
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 1 or 2 cookie sheets with nonstick pan spray. Cut each pita into 8 wedges; split each wedge to separate the halves. Arrange in a single layer on the cookie sheet(s).
- Mix the olive oil and garlic. Brush over the pita sections; sprinkle with basil and cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Serve hot, or cool and store in an airtight container.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 8 (32 appetizers)Serving Size: 4 crisps
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 88 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
1/2 Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes