- 2 pitas, each about 6 inches in diameter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil or oregano
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 1 or 2 cookie sheets with nonstick pan spray. Cut each pita into 8 wedges; split each wedge to separate the halves. Arrange in a single layer on the cookie sheet(s).
- Mix the olive oil and garlic. Brush over the pita sections; sprinkle with basil and cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Serve hot, or cool and store in an airtight container.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 8 (32 appetizers)Serving Size: 4 crisps
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 88 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.