- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 cups thinly sliced or chopped cabbage
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed caraway seeds
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15oz) cannellini or Great Northern beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) mostaccioli (penne), uncooked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute cabbage, onion, garlic, and caraway seeds until cabbage begins to wilt, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, water, and beans to saucepan; heat to boiling. Stir in pasta; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is al dente, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Makes: 8 Servings (about 1 cup each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 175 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Vegetable, 1 Bread, 1/2 Meat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.