- 2 cups red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- oil for drizzling
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into 4 even circular slices
- 1 (16-ounce) package Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 (6-inch) whole wheat pita bread rounds, halved and split
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Heat oven to 450.
- Place cherry tomatoes on parchment paper baking sheet and lightly drizzle with oil. Roast 6 minutes or until tomatoes blister. Grill onion 5 to 6 minutes or until slightly charred and tender turning once. Remove from grill and reserve.
- In large bowl, combine turkey, cumin, paprika, cinnamon and garlic; mix well. Portion turkey into 4 patties. Cook burgers as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165F as measured by a meat thermometer. Let burgers rest 5 minutes before cutting into quarters.
- In small bowl, combine yogurt, cilantro, parsley and lemon juice; mix well. To serve, place burger inside pita bread half. Add onions, tomatoes and baby arugula. Drizzle yogurt sauce in each pita.
- Always cook to an internal temperature of 165F. Learn how to safely handle turkey.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 250 miligrams
Cholesterol: 60 miligrams
Protein: 32 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Sugars: 5 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.