- 3 cups mixed leafy greens, e.g. bok choy (Chinese cabbage or Chinese chard), spinach, Swiss chard leaves, collards or kale, stems removed
- 1 tsp. peeled, finely-minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. finely-minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp. sesame seed oil, or as needed
- 1/2 cup diced canned water chestnuts (rinsed and drained)
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Steam each type of greens separately, until tender, adding each cooked green to a large plate. (Each type takes a different length of time to cook, some as little as 30 seconds.) Sprinkle ginger and garlic over the entire batch of greens, then evenly drizzle a small amount of oil on top.
- Meanwhile, heat a small amount of the oil in a small pan over medium heat until hot. Add water chestnuts and sauté 30 seconds. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a plate covered with paper towels to remove excess oil. Scatter water chestnuts on top of greens.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Less than 1 g. saturated fat and 1 g. dietary fiber
Recipe Yield: Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 19 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of American Institute for Cancer Research.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.