- 3 cups mixed leafy greens, e.g. bok choy (Chinese cabbage or Chinese chard), spinach, Swiss chard leaves, collards or kale, stems removed
- 1 tsp. peeled, finely-minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. finely-minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp. sesame seed oil, or as needed
- 1/2 cup diced canned water chestnuts (rinsed and drained)
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Steam each type of greens separately, until tender, adding each cooked green to a large plate. (Each type takes a different length of time to cook, some as little as 30 seconds.) Sprinkle ginger and garlic over the entire batch of greens, then evenly drizzle a small amount of oil on top.
- Meanwhile, heat a small amount of the oil in a small pan over medium heat until hot. Add water chestnuts and sauté 30 seconds. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a plate covered with paper towels to remove excess oil. Scatter water chestnuts on top of greens.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Less than 1 g. saturated fat and 1 g. dietary fiber
Recipe Yield: Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 19 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.