- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 2-1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until light. Add almonds. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
- Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with waxed paper. Pour batter into the pan. Bake in a 325F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool. Cut into small squares.
- To make blueberry sauce, puree 1/2 cup blueberries in a food processor or blender. Dissolve cornstarch in cream. Cook cream, remaining blueberries, and blueberry puree over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Cool. Stir in sugar substitute.
- To serve, line a serving dish with 1/2 of blueberry sauce; arrange cake squares over blueberry sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Spoon on yogurt. Serve immediately.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6 (1 Serving = 1/2 cup)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 357 milligrams
Protein: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
1 Skim Milk; 2 Fat
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.