- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) peaches in juice, well drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 5-1/2 teaspoons Equal for Recipes or 18 packets Equal sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Cut peach slices into thirds; arrange in bottom of lightly greased 8-inch round pan.
- Mix applesauce, Equal for Recipes, egg, and vanilla until smooth in medium bowl. Mix in combined flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Pour batter over peach slices in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. until cake is browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Invert cake immediately onto serving plate. Cool 10 to 15 minutes; and sprinkle with almonds.
Recipe Yield: Makes: 8 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.6 grams
Sodium: 207 milligrams
Cholesterol: 27 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Fruit, 1 Bread, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.