- 3 cups carob
- 1/4 teaspoon artificial sweetener
- 1 (14 -ounce) can sweet condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 48 walnut halves
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine the carob, artificial sweetener and condensed milk. Cook over low heat until carob is completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add chopped walnuts and vanilla extract. Stir until completely mixed.
- Pour into a 9" x 9" square pan. Chill in refrigerator until almost firm.
- Score the top of the fudge into squares 2" x 1/2" deep. Place a walnut half on the top of each square.
- Chill until firm. Finish cutting into squares.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 48 2-inch-square pieces, 1 piece per serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 0.3 grams
Sodium: 11 milligrams
Cholesterol: 4 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
1 Bread/Starch, 1-1/2 Fat
Source: The Diabetic Dessert Cookbook
Book Title: The Diabetic Dessert Cookbook
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.