- 3 cups carob
- 1/4 teaspoon artificial sweetener
- 1 (14 -ounce) can sweet condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 48 walnut halves
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine the carob, artificial sweetener and condensed milk. Cook over low heat until carob is completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add chopped walnuts and vanilla extract. Stir until completely mixed.
- Pour into a 9" x 9" square pan. Chill in refrigerator until almost firm.
- Score the top of the fudge into squares 2" x 1/2" deep. Place a walnut half on the top of each square.
- Chill until firm. Finish cutting into squares.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 48 2-inch-square pieces, 1 piece per serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 0.3 grams
Sodium: 11 milligrams
Cholesterol: 4 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
1 Bread/Starch, 1-1/2 Fat
Source: The Diabetic Dessert Cookbook
Book Title: The Diabetic Dessert Cookbook