- 1 box Dreamfields Penne Rigate
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes in juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) water-packed tuna, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes until onion becomes translucent, stirring constantly (watch carefully so garlic does not burn). Stir in tomatoes with juice, parsley, lemon juice and capers. Cook 1 minute; add red pepper flakes to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 3 to 5 minutes to thicken sauce, stirring frequently. Gently stir in tuna; heat through.
- Add pasta to sauce. Stir gently to coat.
Serving Note: If you prefer, divide the pasta among 6 plates, then top with sauce.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 main dish servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 53
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 7 grams
Sodium: 248 milligrams
Cholesterol: 16 milligrams
Protein: 19 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.