- 20 ounces soba noodles
- 1-1/2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 8 fluid ounces Vegetable stock
- 3-1/2 fluid ounces lime juice
- 2 fluid ounces rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 ounce cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushroom julienne
- 4 ounces snow peas, blanched
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until tender to the bite. Drain and cool the noodles to room temperature.
- Combine the arrowroot with enough stock to form a slurry. Bring the remaining stock to a boil. Add the slurry and stir until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the lime juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, lime zest, and garlic. Whisk in the thickened stock and sesame oil. Stir in the cilantro.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small saute pan. Add the mushrooms and saute until almost cooked. Add the snow peas and continue to saute until the peas are bright green.
- Toss together the noodles, snow peas, mushrooms, and vinaigrette. Serve the salad at room temperature.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 pounds``Serves: 10``Serving Size: 3 ounces
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 135 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: The Professional Chef's Techniques of Healthy Cooking
Book Title: The Professional Chef's Techniques of Healthy Cooking
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.