- 20 ounces soba noodles
- 1-1/2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 8 fluid ounces Vegetable stock
- 3-1/2 fluid ounces lime juice
- 2 fluid ounces rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 ounce cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushroom julienne
- 4 ounces snow peas, blanched
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until tender to the bite. Drain and cool the noodles to room temperature.
- Combine the arrowroot with enough stock to form a slurry. Bring the remaining stock to a boil. Add the slurry and stir until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the lime juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, lime zest, and garlic. Whisk in the thickened stock and sesame oil. Stir in the cilantro.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small saute pan. Add the mushrooms and saute until almost cooked. Add the snow peas and continue to saute until the peas are bright green.
- Toss together the noodles, snow peas, mushrooms, and vinaigrette. Serve the salad at room temperature.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 pounds``Serves: 10``Serving Size: 3 ounces
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 135 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: The Professional Chef's Techniques of Healthy Cooking
Book Title: The Professional Chef's Techniques of Healthy Cooking