- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 1/2 of a small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped (optional)
- Fill a soup pot with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the asparagus, cover, and steam for 4 to 6 minutes, or until fork-tender. Remove the asparagus and plunge it into a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- In a 9" x 13" baking dish, combine the Italian dressing, red pepper, parsley, and chives; mix well.
- Remove the asparagus from the water, drain well, and add to the baking dish, coating it completely with the dressing mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with the chopped egg, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 456 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: Mr. Food Every Day's a Holiday Diabetic Cookbook
Book Title: Mr. Food Every Day's a Holiday Diabetic Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.