- 12 oz fillets of red snapper or bass, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
For tomato sauce:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, rinsed and cut into 2-inch sticks
- 1 green bell pepper, rinsed and cut into 2-inch sticks
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 cup canned no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Rinse fish fillets in cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Coat each fillet with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place fish fillets on a baking sheet, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until fish is white and flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (to a minimum internal temperature of 145F).
- For sauce, heat olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add bell peppers, and cook gently until they are still firm, but tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft. Add oregano, basil, and parsley, and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove sauce from the heat and set aside.
- When the fish is done (see step 2), remove from the oven.
- Serve each 3-ounce fillet with 1 cup of sauce.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servingsServing size: 3 oz fillet, 1 cup sauce
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 365 milligrams
Cholesterol: 30 milligrams
Protein: 20 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Source: Deliciously Healthy Dinners
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.