- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Heat oven to 350F. Measure 1/4 cup tomato sauce; combine with topping ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine remaining tomato sauce with remaining meatloaf ingredients in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 8 x 4-1/2-inch loaf on rack in broiler pan. Spread topping over meatloaf. Bake in 350F oven 1 hour, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160F.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into slices.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 15 grams
Saturated Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 1.2 grams
Sodium: 42 milligrams
Cholesterol: 112 milligrams
Protein: 24 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams