- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Heat oven to 350F. Measure 1/4 cup tomato sauce; combine with topping ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine remaining tomato sauce with remaining meatloaf ingredients in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 8 x 4-1/2-inch loaf on rack in broiler pan. Spread topping over meatloaf. Bake in 350F oven 1 hour, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160F.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into slices.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 15 grams
Saturated Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 1.2 grams
Sodium: 42 milligrams
Cholesterol: 112 milligrams
Protein: 24 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.