- 2 cups cooked turkey (cut into bite-size pieces, or
- 2 cups ground turkey, browned in a skillet and drained)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (chili)
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup refried beans (low-fat or fat-free)
- 1/4 cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (shredded, low-fat)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup lettuce (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- plain yogurt (low-fat or fat-free optional)
- guacamole (or mashed avacado optional)
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine turkey, taco seasoning, and water.
- Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortillas on a cooking sheet. Bake at 375 for 4-7 minutes or until tortillas are crispy.
- Spread tortillas with a tablespoon of beans. Top with 1/4 meat mixture and cheese.
- Return tortillas to oven to cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with tomatoes, lettuce, onions and taco sauce. Garnish with yogurt and guacamole, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 420 milligrams
Cholesterol: 50 milligrams
Protein: 26 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Source: UMass Extension Nutrition Education Program
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.