- 1 cup shredded Mexican Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, or brick cheese
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1-3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies (to taste)
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- Chunky salsa, for topping or dip
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cheese, green onion, and chilies; set aside.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- When hot, add 1 tortilla and sprinkle it with one-fourth of the cheese mixture.
- When the cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute, fold the tortilla in half.
- Continue cooking until lightly browned and crisp on both sides, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a cutting board.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Cut into 4 wedges with a knife or pizza cutter and serve immediately with the salsa.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings (2 wedges)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 211 milligrams
Cholesterol: 12 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Starch, 1 Fat
Source: Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking
Book Title: Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.