- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ears fresh corn, in the husk
- 2 limes, cut lengthwise into wedges
- Heat the grill or preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, cumin, salt, pepper and oil.
- Prepare corn, one ear at a time. Pull off and discard the 2 or 3 tough outer leaves. Carefully pull back remaining leaves, one at a time, exposing as much of the ear as possible. (It is better to uncover only half the ear than to tear the husks.) Pull off all the silk.
- Brush kernels with oil mixture, using just enough to coat corn lightly. Smooth folded leaves back into place, one by one, until ear is completely covered.
- Arrange corn on the grill or place in oven. Roast 15 minutes. If using a grill, turn ears 2 or 3 times. (This is not necessary if oven-roasting.)
- Serve corn immediately, accompanied by additional salt, if desired, and lime wedges, which are squeezed over the corn as it is eaten.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 207 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Bread, 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of American Institute for Cancer Research.