- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ears fresh corn, in the husk
- 2 limes, cut lengthwise into wedges
- Heat the grill or preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, cumin, salt, pepper and oil.
- Prepare corn, one ear at a time. Pull off and discard the 2 or 3 tough outer leaves. Carefully pull back remaining leaves, one at a time, exposing as much of the ear as possible. (It is better to uncover only half the ear than to tear the husks.) Pull off all the silk.
- Brush kernels with oil mixture, using just enough to coat corn lightly. Smooth folded leaves back into place, one by one, until ear is completely covered.
- Arrange corn on the grill or place in oven. Roast 15 minutes. If using a grill, turn ears 2 or 3 times. (This is not necessary if oven-roasting.)
- Serve corn immediately, accompanied by additional salt, if desired, and lime wedges, which are squeezed over the corn as it is eaten.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 207 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Bread, 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of American Institute for Cancer Research.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.