Recipe Yield: Yield: 30 servingsServing Size: 1 (4-inch) gingerbread cookie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup SPLENDA Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and allspice into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and SPLENDA Brown Sugar Blend in a large bowl until smooth.
- Beat in egg and egg yolk. Stir in dry ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- Shape dough into a disc, wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a 4-inch cookie cutter, cut dough and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 65 milligrams
Cholesterol: 25 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Sugars: 7 grams
Source: SPLENDA; Photo by Gaetan Lee