- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 lb. sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sesame seed oil (can use toasted sesame seed oil)
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Place oven rack in highest position and preheat broiler.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil and garlic. Add snap peas and toss to coat well.
- On baking dish, place snap peas in single layer. Broil until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- While peas are cooking, mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper flakes and honey.
- After removing snap peas from oven, gently toss with soy sauce mixture. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve hot or chilled as side dish. Hot is most common.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Saturated Fat: .5 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 140 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams