- 2 large ripe pears, such as Bosc or Anjou, slightly firm to the touch
- 3 tablespoons granulated stevia extract, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- 2 blossoms dried hibiscus
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- Peel, halve and core pears using a melon baller to scoop out seeds.
- In large pot, combine 3 cups water, sweetener, lavender, hibiscus, chamomile tea and mint. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low. Add pears and simmer until you can easily pierce pears with the tip of a knife, about 20 minutes.
- To serve, transfer pear halves to 4 individual bowls and ladle some of the cooking liquid over the top.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 2 miligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Source: Pear Bureau
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.