- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup creamy garlic dressing
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium-sized yellow bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and drained
- Preheat broiler.
- Place bell peppers under broiler and lightly charred, turning to grill all sides.
- Remove from broiler to a paper bag. Close bag and set aside.
- When peppers cool, peel, core, seed and cut into strips.
- Arrange peppers on a platter, alternating colors so that they form a petal, and spoon dressing over them.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Garnish with capers and serve warm or chilled.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Sodium: 67 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter