Sweet and spicy, this pumpkin bread makes a wonderful holiday treat. Substituting yogurt for eggs and oil reduces fat and cholesterol and Splenda reduces the carbohydrate and calories. If regular sugar is used, the total calories would be 103 and carbs would be 20 grams.
Recipe Yield: 32
- 1 can pumpkin (15 ounce)
- 1 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup yogurt, low-fat plain
- 1-1/2 cups flour (all purpose)
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together pumpkin, sugar, oil, and yogurt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, and salt; add to pumpkin mixture, stirring until just moistened.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour into 2 greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans and bake until done, about 55 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1.9 grams
Saturated Fat: .4 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 121 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Sugars: 3.6 grams
Source: Adapted from Iowa State University Extension recipe, Food for Fitness and Fun, November 2000
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.