- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspooon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh, or 1/2 tsp dried, crumbled rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup diced, peeled fresh tomato
- Whisk 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon rind, salt, and pepper in medium bowl; add chicken and let stand 10 minutes. Drain, reserving marinade.
- Cook chicken in remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until browned on all sides, adding any remaining marinade after browning. Add wine and rosemary to skillet and heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Add tomato and simmer, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6.4 grams
Sodium: 209 milligrams
Cholesterol: 69 milligrams
Protein: 25.6 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Vegetable, 3 Meat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.