- 6 ounces portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) prepared Italian Herb polenta
- 1 cup water
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil) (about 8 halves), sliced
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup (1-2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Saute mushrooms and asparagus in oil in large skillet 2 to 3 minutes; cook, covered, until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mash polenta in medium saucepan; mix in water and cook over medium heat, whisking until smooth and hot, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and asparagus, and sun-dried tomatoes. Spoon mixture into 4 ramekins or a shallow casserole or quiche dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. until cheese is browned and polenta puffed, about 20 minutes.
If sun-dried tomatoes need to be softened, soak in hot water to cover, 5 to 10 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 94 milligrams
Cholesterol: 4 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
2 Vegetable, 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.