- 6 ounces portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) prepared Italian Herb polenta
- 1 cup water
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil) (about 8 halves), sliced
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup (1-2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Saute mushrooms and asparagus in oil in large skillet 2 to 3 minutes; cook, covered, until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mash polenta in medium saucepan; mix in water and cook over medium heat, whisking until smooth and hot, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and asparagus, and sun-dried tomatoes. Spoon mixture into 4 ramekins or a shallow casserole or quiche dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. until cheese is browned and polenta puffed, about 20 minutes.
If sun-dried tomatoes need to be softened, soak in hot water to cover, 5 to 10 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 94 milligrams
Cholesterol: 4 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
2 Vegetable, 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes