- 16 ounces Dreamfields Rotini
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup bottled non-fat Italian dressing
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into thirds
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place chicken into a zip-lock bag; add Italian dressing. Place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Remove chicken and discard the marinade.
- In a medium size skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken for 7 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked through. Remove from heat and cool. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Add green beans to cooking with the pasta during the remaining 5 minutes to blanch; drain. Rinse pasta and beans in cold water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and stir well with a whisk or fork.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with chicken and vegetables. Gently fold in dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 10 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 673 milligrams
Cholesterol: 40 milligrams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.