- 16 ounces Dreamfields Rotini
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup bottled non-fat Italian dressing
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into thirds
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place chicken into a zip-lock bag; add Italian dressing. Place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Remove chicken and discard the marinade.
- In a medium size skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken for 7 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked through. Remove from heat and cool. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Add green beans to cooking with the pasta during the remaining 5 minutes to blanch; drain. Rinse pasta and beans in cold water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and stir well with a whisk or fork.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with chicken and vegetables. Gently fold in dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 10 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 673 milligrams
Cholesterol: 40 milligrams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.