- 3 cups cooked, cubed turkey breast
- 1 can (15 oz.) corn, drained (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup peeled jicama, diced small
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 3/4 cup thick salsa
- 3 drops, or to taste, red pepper sauce (optional)
- 2-4 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro or flat-parsley leaves, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, place turkey, corn, beans, bell peppers and jicama. Gently toss until well mixed and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil and lime juice. Mix in salsa. Add red pepper sauce if desired. Add enough water to thin consistency so dressing can be thinly drizzled over salad. Transfer to serving pitcher.
- Drizzle dressing over turkey mixture, tossing to coat salad ingredients evenly.
- Cover and chill 1 to 3 hours so flavors can meld. Bring to room temperature and check seasoning before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Drain off any excess dressing. Place in serving bowl. Sprinkle top of salad with cheese (if using) and cilantro. Serve with baked tortilla chips, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Makes about 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 413 milligrams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.