- Pastry for single-crust 9-inch pie
- 3 cups 1-inch rhubarb pieces or 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened rhubarb, thawed, undrained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1-2/3 cups Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* May substitute 40 packets Equal sweetener
- Roll pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into plate; trim and flute edge. Pierce bottom and side of pastry with fork. Bake in preheated 375F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is golden. Cool on wire rack.
- Cook rhubarb in large covered saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes or until rhubarb releases liquid. Combine water, flour, cornstarch and lemon juice. Stir into rhubarb. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened and rhubarb is almost tender, stirring frequently. Stir in strawberries. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Stir EqualÂ® and nutmeg into fruit mixture. Spoon into baked crust. Bake in 350F oven 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly. Cover edge of crust with aluminum foil if browning too quickly. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 64 milligrams
Cholesterol: 5 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.