- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seeds, crushed
- 1 medium head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 slices bacon, fried crisp, drained, crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic 3 to 4 minutes; add caraway and anise seeds and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add cabbage and vegetable broth to saucepan; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until cabbage is wilted, about 5 minutes. Simmer, uncovered, until cabbage is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in bacon; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4 to 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.3 grams
Sodium: 116 milligrams
Cholesterol: 2.7 milligrams
Protein: 6.4 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Vegetable, 1 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.