- 4 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts or pecans, finely chopped
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt to soft peaks in medium bowl. Beat in sugar gradually, beating to stiff, shiny peaks. Fold in coconut; fold in hazelnuts.
- Drop mixture by tablespoons onto parchment-or aluminum foil-lined cookie sheets. Bake at 300 degrees until cookies begin to brown and feel crisp when touched, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 30 Cookies (1 per serving)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1.4 grams
Sodium: 25.6 milligrams
Protein: 0.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.