- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 medium green bell peppers, diced
- 1 small green cabbage, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne or red pepper, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In large pot over medium-high heat saute turkey, onion, garlic, carrots, celery and peppers about 12-14 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover and let simmer about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot over whole-wheat wide noodles.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Sodium: 208 milligrams
Protein: 18 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.