- 8 bamboo skewers
- 3/4 pound extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 32 cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into 16 squares
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks, reserve 1/2 cup juice
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes to keep them from burning as you cook the skewers.
- Meanwhile, put the tofu, red pepper, and pineapple chunks in a plastic bag or container with a lid. Add reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain, reserving marinade to baste. Thread the tofu, red pepper, and pineapple on the skewers.
- Prepare an outdoor grill or oven broiler with the rack set 6 inches from the heat source. Grill or broil the kabobs about 5 minutes per side, basting with the marinade. Serve with brown rice.
Recipe Yield: Yield 4 servingsServing Size: 2 skewers
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 147 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Carbohydrate, 1 Very Lean Meat
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Book Title: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible