- 8 bamboo skewers
- 3/4 pound extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 32 cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into 16 squares
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks, reserve 1/2 cup juice
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes to keep them from burning as you cook the skewers.
- Meanwhile, put the tofu, red pepper, and pineapple chunks in a plastic bag or container with a lid. Add reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain, reserving marinade to baste. Thread the tofu, red pepper, and pineapple on the skewers.
- Prepare an outdoor grill or oven broiler with the rack set 6 inches from the heat source. Grill or broil the kabobs about 5 minutes per side, basting with the marinade. Serve with brown rice.
Recipe Yield: Yield 4 servingsServing Size: 2 skewers
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 147 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Carbohydrate, 1 Very Lean Meat
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Book Title: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.