- 2 cups red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- oil for drizzling
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into 4 even circular slices
- 1 (16-ounce) package Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 (6-inch) whole wheat pita bread rounds, halved and split
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Heat oven to 450.
- Place cherry tomatoes on parchment paper baking sheet and lightly drizzle with oil. Roast 6 minutes or until tomatoes blister. Grill onion 5 to 6 minutes or until slightly charred and tender turning once. Remove from grill and reserve.
- In large bowl, combine turkey, cumin, paprika, cinnamon and garlic; mix well. Portion turkey into 4 patties. Cook burgers as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165F as measured by a meat thermometer. Let burgers rest 5 minutes before cutting into quarters.
- In small bowl, combine yogurt, cilantro, parsley and lemon juice; mix well. To serve, place burger inside pita bread half. Add onions, tomatoes and baby arugula. Drizzle yogurt sauce in each pita.
- Always cook to an internal temperature of 165F. Learn how to safely handle turkey.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 250 milligrams
Cholesterol: 60 milligrams
Protein: 32 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Sugars: 5 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.