- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Spray a work or a 12-inch skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic, and stir-fry about 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add broccoli, carrots, and onion, and stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in broth, cover and cook about 3 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Mix cornstarch and water. Stir into cooked vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring, for about 10 seconds or until thickened. Add water chestnuts, mushrooms, and oyster sauce, and cook 30 seconds. Serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 41 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.