- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 pound Italian plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 14-ounce can hearts of palm, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine (regular or nonalcoholic)
- 2 teaspoons sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Steam asparagus for 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Immediately put asparagus in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Add a layer of tomatoes, then one of hearts of palm, and one of onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until sugar has dissolved. Pour over vegetables.
- Cover dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 181 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Source: New American Heart Association Cookbook
Book Title: New American Heart Association Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.