- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup evaporated nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Jarlsberg cheese
- 1/4 dry plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add scallops, shallots and tarragon and saute until scallops are translucent, 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a medium-size bowl.
- Add milk, wine, and mustard to skillet. Bring to boiling. Stir together cornstarch and water in a small cup; stir into skillet. Cook, stirring, until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in Jarlsberg until melted. Add to scallops.
- Mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan cresses, remaining 2 teaspoons butter, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Spoon scallop mixture into six 1/2-cup oven-proof ramekins or scallops shells. Top with bread crumb mixture. Bake in heated 400 degree F. oven 10-13 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crumbs are golden. Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 474 milligrams
Cholesterol: 27 milligrams
Protein: 14 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
2 Medium-Fat Meat; 1/2 Bread/Starch
Source: Family Circle All-Time Favorite Recipes
Book Title: Family Circle All-Time Favorite Recipes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.