- 1-3/4 cups stuffing mix
- 5 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounce) low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 4 ounces non-fat milk
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place stuffing mix and melted margarine in a mixing bowl and combine completely.
- Spread and pat all but 3/4 cup of the stuffing mixture into the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour chicken mixture over stuffing mixture layer. Top with remaining 3/4 cup of stuffing mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe Yield: Makes: 6 Servings (1 cup each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Sodium: 795 milligrams
Cholesterol: 45 milligrams
Protein: 18 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetable, 1 Bread, 2 Meat, 1 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes