- 1 quart Homemade Chicken Broth or canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 whole chicken breast, skinned, boned, and split, or 2 skinless, boneless breast halves (about 3/4 pound)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup coarsely cilantro leaves
- Bring the broth to a simmer in a large saucepan.
- Add the chicken; cover and simmer over low heat until it is just cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and shred the chicken. Return it to the broth; add the lime juice and bring the soup to a boil.
- Ladle into soup bowls; sprinkle with cilantro.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 5 cups Serving size: 1 cup
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 126 miligrams
Cholesterol: 41 miligrams
Protein: 18 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
2 Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.