- 1 quart Homemade Chicken Broth or canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 whole chicken breast, skinned, boned, and split, or 2 skinless, boneless breast halves (about 3/4 pound)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup coarsely cilantro leaves
- Bring the broth to a simmer in a large saucepan.
- Add the chicken; cover and simmer over low heat until it is just cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and shred the chicken. Return it to the broth; add the lime juice and bring the soup to a boil.
- Ladle into soup bowls; sprinkle with cilantro.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 5 cups Serving size: 1 cup
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 126 milligrams
Cholesterol: 41 milligrams
Protein: 18 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
2 Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes