- 1 pound boneless lean leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed saffron (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place the lamb cubes in a shallow glass dish or plastic bag. Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium; mix well. Pour over the lamb. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the broiler or grill.
- Thread the lamb onto 4 skewers, reserving the marinade. Broil or grill 6 to 8 inches from the heat source, turning and basting with the marinade several times, until the lamb is browned on all sides, about 9 to 12 minutes.
- Do not overcook; the lamb cubes should be pink in the middle to retain flavor and tenderness. Discard the remaining marinade; do not serve it with the cooked kebabs.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 165 milligrams
Cholesterol: 71 milligrams
Protein: 23 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.