- 1 pound boneless lean leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed saffron (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place the lamb cubes in a shallow glass dish or plastic bag. Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium; mix well. Pour over the lamb. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the broiler or grill.
- Thread the lamb onto 4 skewers, reserving the marinade. Broil or grill 6 to 8 inches from the heat source, turning and basting with the marinade several times, until the lamb is browned on all sides, about 9 to 12 minutes.
- Do not overcook; the lamb cubes should be pink in the middle to retain flavor and tenderness. Discard the remaining marinade; do not serve it with the cooked kebabs.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 165 milligrams
Cholesterol: 71 milligrams
Protein: 23 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
3 Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes