- 7/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup eggbeaters
- 3/8 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat margarine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1/4 cups finely shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- butter flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Set aside.
- In small bowl whisk together egg whites and eggbeaters. Set aside.
- In large bowl beat Splenda Granulated Sweetener, margarine, honey, vanilla, applesauce, and canola oil. Mix in egg mixture, stir until well mixed. Stir in flour mixture, then carrots and walnuts.
- Pour into greased 8 cup loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, ice if desired.
A great classic dessert and it has less carbs.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 10 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 270 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Sugars: 16 grams