- 2 pounds 96% lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs*
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons dried Greek seasoning, divided
- 1 cup low-fat or regular Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
* To make soft breadcrumbs: Tear several slices of fresh bread (French or whole wheat work well) into 1-inch pieces and pulse in a blender or food processor to make coarse crumbs. One slice of bread yields about 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 10 x 4-inch loaf on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 350F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160F.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, cucumber and remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Let stand 10 minutes; cut into slices. Serve with cucumber-yogurt sauce.
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: .4 grams
Sodium: 240 milligrams
Cholesterol: 95 milligrams
Protein: 26 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.