- 2 pounds 96% lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs*
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons dried Greek seasoning, divided
- 1 cup low-fat or regular Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
* To make soft breadcrumbs: Tear several slices of fresh bread (French or whole wheat work well) into 1-inch pieces and pulse in a blender or food processor to make coarse crumbs. One slice of bread yields about 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 10 x 4-inch loaf on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 350F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160F.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, cucumber and remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons Greek seasoning in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Let stand 10 minutes; cut into slices. Serve with cucumber-yogurt sauce.
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: .4 grams
Sodium: 240 milligrams
Cholesterol: 95 milligrams
Protein: 26 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.