- 8-oz fresh mushrooms (ie: Porcini, Shitake, Bolete, White, Baby Bella, Morels)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 can (14oz) low-sodium crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 lb Cod fillets (or other white fish fillet, such as halibut, haddock or tilapia), about 4 oz each
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- In food processor, mince mushrooms until finely chopped.
- In large, dry saucepan, cook mushrooms over medium heat until moisture is gone and mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add shallots, green onions, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and canola oil. Mix well. Set duxelles mixture aside.
- In a lightly oiled 9x13-inch (22x33-cm) baking pan, spread crushed tomatoes. Stir in balsamic vinegar. Place fish fillets on top of tomatoes. Spoon duxelles mixture over fish, covering fillets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until fish flakes easily with fork and mushroom mixture is lightly browned.
This family-friendly recipe features a mild, flaky white fish topped with a classic French combination of chopped mushrooms, shallots and fresh herbs.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings.Serving size: 1 fish fillet
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 350 milligrams
Cholesterol: 55 milligrams
Protein: 27 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.