This sugar-free pound cake is easy to make because it uses a reduced-fat baking mix as the base. Lemon yogurt, juice and grated lemon peel provide rich flavor. This is sure to become a favorite with frequent requests. Just don’t let anyone know how easy it really is to make so you can bask in all the praise!
Recipe Yield: 16 servings.
- Cooking spray
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat baking mix (Bisquick)
- 48 packets Equal sweetener*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup lite lemon flavored nonfat yogurt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
*Substitute 2 cups Equal Spoonful for the packets.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9 cup Bundt cake pan OR a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine baking mix, Equal, cornstarch and lemon peel.
- Mix in yogurt, melted butter, eggs, lemon juice, milk and flavorings until blended.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely on wire rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 258 milligrams
Cholesterol: 35 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
1 Fat; 1 Starch