This sugar-free pound cake is easy to make because it uses a reduced-fat baking mix as the base. Lemon yogurt, juice and grated lemon peel provide rich flavor. This is sure to become a favorite with frequent requests. Just don’t let anyone know how easy it really is to make so you can bask in all the praise!
Recipe Yield: 16 servings.
- Cooking spray
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat baking mix (Bisquick)
- 48 packets Equal sweetener*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup lite lemon flavored nonfat yogurt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
*Substitute 2 cups Equal Spoonful for the packets.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9 cup Bundt cake pan OR a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine baking mix, Equal, cornstarch and lemon peel.
- Mix in yogurt, melted butter, eggs, lemon juice, milk and flavorings until blended.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely on wire rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 258 milligrams
Cholesterol: 35 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
1 Fat; 1 Starch
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Equal.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.